MAGIC 2012 SymposiumHome :: 2012 Symposium
The 2012 Symposium will be held at the Westin Crown Center April 22 - 26, 2012 in Kansas City, Missouri.
GIS covers such a broad range of subjects, applications and types of people that use it, that developing a conference program that meets everyone's needs is a challenging task. Even more challenging is an attendee trying to figure out exactly which sessions or topics will be most interesting and helpful. MAGIC 2012 is intended to focus the content of the presentation options into a program specifically geared to each attendee's needs.
Your 2012 Program Committee is working very hard to bring you the best Symposium yet. If you have ideas or comments, please send them to the Symposium Chair.
We are working hard to bring you educational sessions that provide the answers and knowledge that you can use today. Sessions will be categorized into:
- Safe and Healthy: Using GIS in the public safety and health industries
- Public Face of GIS: Moving GIS to the web and out to the public for mass consumption
- Smart Growth: Managing the growth of communities with GIS
- GIS Behind the Scenes: How to manage a GIS program, educate and retain staff, communicate the GIS language to non-GISers
- Technologies and Trends: Discover the latest technologies and see what is on the horizon
Here are some important links that will get you on your way:
- Program Schedule
- Registration and Fees
- Exhibitors and Sponsorship
- General Schedule
- Short Course Descriptions
- Keynote Speakers
- Networking & Social Activities
The conference hotel is:
Westin Crown Center
1 Pershing Road
Kansas City, MO 64108
T: 816.474.4400 F: 816.391 4438
Westin Kansas City Website
The rate for a single/double room is $125 per night. The room reservation deadline is March 25, 2012. Please reference MidAmerica GIS Symposium to obtain this special rate.
2012 conference fees will be:
- Full Conference: $265
- Daily Registration: $200
- Student Registration: $125
- ½-Day Shortcourses w/ full registration: $65
- ½-Day Shortcourses w/o full registration: $95
After March 16, there will be a $50 late fee on all registrations.