The Senior GIS Analyst has oversight over the creation, maintenance, and dissemination of geospatial data. The position is responsible for analyzing the GIS system for areas of improvement and evaluating integrated solutions and for the development of plans and acting to improve the program or integrate new solutions. Specific duties include:
- Oversight of the creation, maintenance, analysis, modeling, reporting, displaying, and dissemination of geospatial data.
- Provide expertise related to information, assistance, and training on geospatial technologies to GIS Technicians and Analysts, as well as other City departments.
- Coordinates custom mapping projects, including the oversight of the entire project life cycle
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots geospatial applications.
- Identify City functions that would be benefit from geospatial technologies and evaluates user needs.
Minimum qualifications: Associates degree from an accredited college or university in GIS, geography, computer science or related field, Bachelor's degree preferred. Must have at least seven (7) years of professional GIS experience. Must possess and maintain a valid Class C Kansas driver’s license and city insurable driving record.
Annual entry salary: Up to $59,085 DOQ