301. Advanced Geoprocessing with Python (Lab/Expert) - Brett Lord-Castillo, St. Louis County Emergency Management, MO
Advanced Geoprocessing with Python continues the series of python courses with advanced special topics. Open source libraries such as GDAL, ogr, shapely, fiona, and rasterio will be explored in more detail, including their interaction with arcpy. We will dive deeper into raster and image processing, focusing on the use of numpy arrays. This will be followed by master class style workshop time to tackle individual programming problems that students bring with them to class. We will wrap up with the special topics of web communication using the requests library, multi-thread processing in python, and a basic exploration of python processing of mapbox vector tiles.
302. CANCELLED Advanced Geodatabases (Lab/Advanced) - Steve Marsh, City of Lee's Summit, MO
This short course will be conducted in a graduate seminar style. Participants are asked to bring their scripts, data, and questions, and the group will discuss coding problems and topics of interest.
303. Hands-On with ArcGIS Mobile Technology (Lab/Introductory) - Jake Stevenson, Burns & McDonnell
Workshop attendees will have the chance to build their own ArcGIS Collector application and learn how to use the ArcGIS Operations Dashboard to view the results and report on what's being collected in the field. Coming out of the workshop attendees will understand how to create their own mobile applications as well as best practices and lessons learned from using the technology on various projects. Over the course of workshop, attendees will see real world examples of how ArcGIS mobile technology has been used on various different types of real world projects.
304. CANCELLED Implementing the Latest ISO Metadata Standards for your Organization (Lab/Intermediate) - Mark Duewell, MSDIS
This half-day course will discuss the new standards being implemented globally, suggest methods of porting your current metadata to the new standards, and recommend tools for accomplishing such tasks.
306. Introductory ModelBuilder (Lab/Intermediate) - Ken Wilkerson, GISEdge
Esri ModelBuilder (MB) provides a visual programming environment for combining data and tools to automate tasks or create custom scripts. This course will introduce MB processing with hands-on exercises demonstrating the creation of models ranging from simple to complex. You will learn how to quickly and effectively develop models that help you become more productive ArcGIS users.
307. Tableau Public - Creating Compelling Dashboards and Fascinating Stories with Interactive Data (Lab/Introductory) - Aaron Baumgarden & Ron House, Johnson County, KS AIMS
One must understand that data will only be remembered if presented in the right way. We'll show you just how easy it is to build a polished presentation by converting a simple flat data file into a beautiful visual representation using Tableau Public. Next, we'll show you how to generate informative dashboards using Tableau's drag and drop interface with no coding required! Tableau dashboards are also interactive, so we'll walk you through how to customize a dashboard that engages the user and enables them to explore the data. To cap things off, we'll run through how to create dynamic stories and embed them into a website to further impress your audience - and your boss!